Now that we’re more or less used to the baby, it’s time to bring the furkids back home ~ while they’re usually more than happy to camp out over at the in-law’s place, we’re usually along for the stay unless it’s for a vacation, so this time they seemed to be rather upset to be left there for almost a whole month.
We were worried that the two furkids may not accept the baby, and so tried to smooth them in, but saturday came and the first meeting went without a hitch.
We’ll continue to watch the dogs around the baby, but it seems that they’ve accepted the baby as part of the family, except when the baby is wailing for food… at that they run for cover; not surprising as the baby has a vocal range that starts at “LOUD” and goes up from there.
The pacifier; it does nothing! Nothing!
It’s been almost a week since Sion has come into the world, and these are the things I have learnt:
1. When he’s hungry, it means: “Gimme my milk *RIGHT DAMN NOW!*”
2. Baby menu for the past week has been the following: a starter of mom’s milk, main course of 100ml formula, and followed by another suckle with mummy for dessert. That’s one hungry baby. (The confinement lady we hired predicted that he will be at least 5kilos by the time he’s a month old.)
3. He doesn’t like pacifiers, spitting it out after a couple of sucks and crying even louder. Probably feels that he’s being cheated of food or something…
4. Contact rate per day in diapers is 2-3 solids and 4-5 liquids. I think I need to go on another diaper run again soon - frigging diper companies here don’t sell newborn sizes in those huge economy packs of 48, but in smaller lots of 8-10.
5. Baby has two states of existence: asleep and hungry; occasionally asleep while suckling. What it means is that, “If I’m sleeping, *DON’T PICK ME UP!*” Apparently (as I learnt about an hour ago), he’s perfectly content to continue sleeping in a soiled nappy. That, is not good; for guys the minimum standard should be clean underwear and a fresh tee-shirt - everything else is negotiable.
We’re still getting used to one another, but the process has been enjoyable and we look forward to learning from the baby as much as from ourselves in the days and years to come.
*Gamer Dad has gained 100XP*
*Gamer Dad has gained a level! Gamer Dad is now Level 2.*
*Gamer Dad has learnt the following skills: Change Nappy 1, Swaddling 2, Feeding from Bottle 2, Language (Baby) 1*
Please welcome our little bundle of joy, Sion, who was born on 30 Nov 2009 at 2245Hrs.
It’s a little early to tell, but I think he’s got lots of potential. If nothing else, he managed to escape from his daddy’s weak swaddling skill with a near-perfect execution of the first remedy.
And now, where to get me one of these?